• Rich Taylor

The Stress Free Diet: Part 1

Updated: Jan 22

Welcome to the first episode of the Stress Free Diet. In this episode we cover the overview of the Stress Free Diet Plan. In future episodes we will reveal the next stages in the Stress Free Diet plan.

A person trying not to break their diet by eating unhealthy food.

Welcome to the first episode of the Stress Free Diet. In this episode we cover the overview of the Stress Free Diet Plan. In future episodes we will reveal the next stages in the Stress Free Diet plan.


The dismal failure rate of diets are because of the stress most people are in 24/7/365. They are not supposed to be more than 60 seconds. Within those 60 seconds, you either became lunch, or the animal facing you became lunch. So right there, you can see why diets do not work. Traditional diets require the person to have the willpower to succeed. But if someone is stressed, they are in survival mode, which means their will is to survive, which is vastly more potent than to lose weight—imaging being on the savannah being stalked and chased all day by a sabertooth tiger. The last thing on Tuk Tuk's mind is losing weight. Our brains can't decipher a threat that activates our stress response, whether from real danger like a tiger or a boss yelling at us. ​


Yes, our bodies convert everything we eat or drink to glucose. Our body uses it for fuel, like gas for a car. To start with, our brains use 50% of all glucose. Then, when we are in a stress response, the brain uses an additional 12% more for a whopping total of 62%.


That is why when we are stressed, we crave carbs, sweets, alcohol, rich foods; our body is yelling at us to feed it fuel. And the traditional diet tells you to ignore what your body is saying and instead munch on celery and oil-free humans. But, how long is that approach going to work?


Plus, when we are stressed and crave those foods, our brain says thank you once we eat them. So it needed glucose, and you gave it to it. That is why you feel calm after you eat comfort food. So a simple way to see how stressed a person is is by looking at how much comfort food and drinks are in their cart.


We use the number of diets having a 95% failure rate because 95% of the population in the modern world is in a stress response.


Each week, we will discuss each step of the Stress Free Diet plan and publish all the steps on StressFreeDiet.com.


We can't make any promises, but if someone wants to lose weight, we prefer to refer to it as not losing weight but getting back to where you started. I thank God for this lifestyle; I am in my mid 60's and weigh what I weighed in high school and on zero medication. This diet plan should give you the best chance to get to where you should be because we do not focus on sacrificing so you can weigh less. But to focus on having you become the complete you by removing your stress. Let's face it, one of the most stressful things people can do is go on a traditional diet.


When you people go from a stress response of flight, fight or freeze. It robs people of a lot of energy. So by having less stress, they will naturally have much more energy.


Imagine being able to switch off stress and live your life in the rest, digest, and restore response. That is how we were designed to live and all the wonderful things that go along with it.


Check out episode 101, where we give the details of the Stress Free Diet Plan.

58 views0 comments